Spravato (esketamine) therapy for treatment resistant depression
What is Spravato?
Spravato is an NMDA receptor Antagonist, an ionotropic glutamate receptor. It is the first and only NMDA receptor antagonist approved for treatment resistant depression.
- Adults with major depressive disorder who had not responded adequately to 2 or more different antidepressants of adequate dose and duration to treat current depressive episode.
- Spravato (Esketamine) is indicated, in conjunction with an oral antidepressant, for treatment of-resistant depression (TRD)
Efficacy of Spravato (esketamine)
How Does Our Clinic Helps?
Our clinic and Dr Sanjay Nigam is registered and certified Spravato Treatment Center. We comply with Full Spravato REMS requirments
- Spravato is schedule III controlled substance
- It is only availabe to be administered under direct supervision in certified treatment center.
- We will do your benefit verificaton and do prior authorization for Spravato if indicated for your treatment of depression
What is the SPRAVATO™ REMS (Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategy)?
A REMS (Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategy) is a program required by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to manage known or potential serious risks associated with a drug product.
The goal of the REMS is to mitigate the risks of serious adverse outcomes resulting from sedation and dissociation caused by SPRAVATO™ administration, and abuse and misuse of SPRAVATO™ by:
- Ensuring that SPRAVATO™ is only dispensed to and administered in medically supervised healthcare setting that provides patient monitoring
- Ensuring that pharmacies and healthcare settings that dispense SPRAVATO™ are certified
- Ensuring that each patient is informed about serious adverse outcomes from dissociation and sedation and need for monitoring
- Enrollment of all patients in the REMS (registry) to further characterize the risks and support safe use
SPRAVATO™ is intended for patient administration under the direct observation of a healthcare provider, and patients are required to be monitored by a healthcare provider for at least 2 hours. SPRAVATO™ must never be dispensed directly to a patient for home use.
WHAT ARE THE COSTS OF PARTICIPATION?
Many private insurance plans are accepted.
We do our best to minimize the costs to each participant.
All copays and fees are required before the provision of services.