Southern Illinois Associates LLC
What does our providers do?
- As a psychiatric provider we assess all of your mental and physical symptoms.
- We make a diagnosis and work with you to develop a management plan for your treatment and recovery.
- We provide psychological treatment, prescribe medications and do procedures such as rTMS (Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation, Spravato treatment)
- Our Licensed social worker provide psychotherapy
As part of our work, we can:
- provide urgent care for a sudden mental illness
- help you to manage a long-term mental health condition
- provide advice about lifestyle changes
- work with you individually, or with you and your partner, family or caregiver
- provide second opinions and advice to other doctors and health professionals
- refer you to other health professionals
- admit you to hospital if required.
What can we help you with?
- A psychiatrist can be of particular help if your mental health condition:
- is complex or difficult to diagnose
- involves suicidal ideas or plans
- is severe or happens suddenly
- needs medication that only a psychiatrist can prescribe
- isn’t responding to standard treatment through your GP (family doctor).
Common reasons why someone might see us:
- problems adjusting after major life changes or stress
- Feeling sad or depressed for long time.
- anxiety, worry or fear
- Fear that something bad is going to happen to you or loved one
- suicidal thinking
- thoughts of hurting other people
- Self-harm behaviors like cutting yourself, or burning yourself
- Having mood swings
- too much energy, with insomnia
- constant negative thoughts
- obsessional thinking
- feeling like people are after you or want to harm you
- hallucinations (hearing or seeing things that aren’t there)
- delusions (fixed beliefs with no basis in reality)
- out of control alcohol or drug use
- Addiction to pain medication or heroin
- problems around body image, eating or dieting
- memory problems
- poor concentration and attention, hyperactivity
- violence, agitation or emotional outbursts
- insomnia and other sleep problems
- conditions that start in childhood such as autism, intellectual disability and childhood anxiety.