Southern Illinois Associates LLC
We are certified SPRAVATO® treatment center
What is SPRAVATO?.
it is a prescription medicine, used along with an antidepressant taken by mouth, for treatment-resistant depression (TRD) in adults.
First Nasal Spray for Depression
SPRAVATO is the first nasal spray medication, taken along with an oral antidepressant, for adults withtreatment-resistant depression (TRD).
If you’ve struggled with depression and tried two or more antidepressants* in your current episode without adequate relief, talk to your healthcare provider to see if you have treatment-resistant depression.
*Of adequate dose and duration.
How Can I Get Spravato?
Indication For Spravato/Esketamine
• Treatment-resistant depression (TRD) in adults.
• Depressive symptoms in adults with major depressive disorder (MDD) with
acute suicidal ideation or behavior.
What to Expect During Your SPRAVATO® Treatment
Getting Started with SPRAVATO
- Review your overall medical and depression treatment history. Be sure to tell u s if you have a history of abusing prescription or street drugs or a problem with alcohol
- Ask if adding SPRAVATO® to your overall treatment plan might be a next step for you
- You should not expect treatment on your first visit. A healthcare provider at the certified SPRAVATO® treatment center will do their own assessment to determine if SPRAVATO® may be right for you
if you have had medical conditions such as
- blood vessel disease (aneurysm),
- an abnormal connection between your blood vessels (arteriovenous malformation),
- a history of bleeding in the brain or
- If you are allergic to esketamine, ketamine or any of the ingredients in SPRAVATOngs.
- You’ll need to plan for rides to and from our clinic
- You will not be able to drive, operate machinery or do anything where you need to be completely alert until the day after a treatment session, following a restful sleep.
- You may want to bring a book, a relaxing playlist or another form of entertainment for the session because we will monitor you for at least two hours after treatment.
- Avoid eating two hours before and drinking liquids 30 minutes before taking SPRAVATO
- f you take a nasal corticosteroid or nasal decongestant medicine, take these medicines at least one hour before taking SPRAVATO
How to Use SPRAVATO Nasal Spray
You will administer SPRAVATO® yourself under the supervision of a healthcare provider, who will show you how to use the SPRAVATO nasal spray device.
SPRAVATO® Side Effects
There’s an increased risk of suicidal thoughts and behavior with SPRAVATO
The most common side effects that can occur during and after taking SPRAVATO® include:
- Dissociation (feeling disconnected from yourself, your thoughts, feelings, space and time)
- Sedation (sleepiness)
- Spinning sensation
- Reduced sense of touch and sensation
- Lack of energy
- Increased blood pressure
- Feeling drunk
Staying on SPRAVATO
You’ll take SPRAVATO® twice a week for the first month. During the second month, you’ll take it once a week. After that, you’ll take it once a week or once every two weeks. You’ll continue to take an oral antidepressant as prescribed.
Get In Touch
16 Junction Drive W, Ste 2,
Glen Carbon, IL 62034
Mon – Fri: 8:30 Am to 5 PM
2nd Saturday of every month:
From: 8:30 AM to 2 PM